Ambulatory Surgery Center Site Lead
1557 Janmar Rd Snellville, GA 30078 | Remote Friendly
BlueWave is hiring for a Surgery Center Site Lead for a growing healthcare team in the Greater Atlanta area. This person will be responsible for direction of patient care in the ambulatory care setting. Manages staff members in the surgery center. Consults with staff, physicians and ASC Director on nursing problems and interpretation of facility policies to ensure patient needs are met. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities.
- Coordinates and directs patient care to ensure patients’ needs are met and facility policy is followed.
- Decisions made reflect knowledge of facts, knowledge of diseases/surgical conditions, care required and good judgment.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe preoperative assessment on all patients and reassess, as needed postoperatively. This includes geriatric and the general patient population.
- Ability to perform pain assessment, intervention, management and patient family education.
- Performance reflects knowledge in all areas of care specific to outpatient surgery, (i.e., autologous, sedation).
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Organizes and manages nursing activities reflecting due consideration for patients’ needs and the needs of facility and staff. Flexibility is maintained.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity; identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family. Practices good guest relations.
- Knowledge of medications and IV fluids and their correct administration, based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care, as indicated, and evaluate for effectiveness.
- Formulates a teaching plan, based on identified patient learning needs, and evaluates effectiveness of learning. Family is included in teaching, as appropriate, from preop to discharge.
- Knowledge of cardiac monitoring; can identify dysrhythmias.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures both in the surgery center department, as needed. Communicates appropriately and clearly to Medical Director, physicians and administrative team.
- Maintains performance improvement for the facility.
- Provides education to staff on performance improvement.
- Ability to plan and organize orientation and in-service training for facility staff members; participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies and is completed within the shift.
- Maintains a good working relationship and effective communication both within the department and with other departments for the benefit of the patient.
- Develops, revises and implements policies and procedures.
- Assigns personnel; delegates specific duties and tasks.
- Continuously supervises staff to ensure quality of nursing care.
- Participates in planning budget. Provides orientation for new staff members.
- Current State of Georgia Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Current ACLS certification.
- A minimum of two years nursing experience in an ambulatory care setting.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Must be an RN