CVICU Registered Nurse
- Establishes and monitors care standards and makes recommendations for changes in area of clinical practice.
- Collaborates with nursing staff in assessing patient, family age-specific nursing needs and develops plan of care for complex high-risk patients.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the care provided.
- Designs teaching programs for patients/families and provides assistance to nursing staff in program implementation.
- Develops interdisciplinary plans of care for complex and high risk patients.
- In conjunction with members of the health care team, assesses staff knowledge and identifies competency-based education needs of staff and members.
- Designs and implements education programs to ensure the quality of staff knowledge and skills.
- Introduces new techniques/innovation based on advanced practice trends. May serve as a preceptor to graduate healthcare students.
- Provides consultation to physicians, nurses and other heath care providers in meeting care needs of individual or groups of patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Makes recommendations to change standards of care or standards of practice based on own research or the research of others.
- Defines and implements best nursing practices.
- Participates and consults in setting the direction for QA&I monitoring, establishing standards and evaluating outcomes.
- Collects and analyzes data regarding patient care outcomes, trends, morbidity and mortality.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing educational.
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for unit/department.
- Maintains current RN license in the State of Florida
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
- ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required based on the appropriate certification for the patient population.