Certified Scrub Technician
1557 Janmar Rd Snellville, GA 30078
BlueWave is hiring a Certified Scrub Technician for a healthcare client in the Greater Atlanta Area.
- Interacts professionally with patient and family.
- Provides patient with explanations and verbal reassurance, as necessary.
- Adapts procedures to meet individual needs of adolescent, adult and geriatric patients for treatment.
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, sutures, supplies and equipment for each individual surgical procedure.
- Assists in the positioning, prepping and draping of patients for surgical procedures.
- Accurately completes operating room counts (instruments, sponges, needles); follows proper procedure in case of incorrect count; reports all discrepancies to circulating nurse and surgeon and/or corrects immediately.
- Carries out medical/ surgical asepsis during treatments/procedures
- Checks all equipment/ instruments needed, prior to each procedure, to ensure proper functioning.
- Performs services requiring technical or manual skills, under the direction of circulating RN.
- Always maintains and orderly and sterile instrument table for the purpose of efficiency; follows department standard set up.
- Cleans and prepares rooms between procedures and after last case; restocks supplies, when necessary, and organizes effectively for end-of-case clean up
- Maintains regulatory requirements; nursing and facility policies, procedures and standards
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English