Director of Product
Orlando, FL 32801
BlueWave is hiring a Director of Product for a local technology company in Orlando, FL. You will be responsible for working with the executive team on the product strategy, roadmaps, and feature definition; including collaborating with marketing, IT development, operations and sales. This person will analyze the market and competition to differentiate and deliver value to customers.
- Develop, design, and implement product strategy in partnership with leadership by possessing a deep understanding of the current state of competition
- Drive lifecycle management of all products from concept to end-of-life
- Influence operations, program design and feature roadmaps across all products by understanding KPIs, features & overall product & giving critical feedback on a regular basis
- Create user stories and scenarios
- Direct and approve UI/UX activities
- Define acceptance criteria, KPIs and SLAs
- Establishes realistic time schedules with Engineering for completion of the various parts of the approved programs, then tracks and publishes schedules on a regular basis.
- Calls on customers to obtain market data and to support the knowledge and ability of the sales team as it pertains to the product line.
- Collaborates with sales to establish long-term sales forecasts for our products
- Determines strategic product line decisions by evaluating competitor’s products, market share and market trends, and informs others by maintaining and distributing competitive comparisons and evaluations.
- Work with the sales and operations organizations to make the platform and products are implementable and deliverable
- Define and support implementation of training, support and deployment requirements
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Coordinate overall release project and schedule
- Facilitate sales and channel training
- Assist pre-sales with custom project requests
- Scale the product team by attracting, retaining, and mentoring strong talent across all key areas of product, engineering, and data
- Build strong professional relationships with other members of the senior management team and ensure operational excellence in implementing the product and engineering roadmaps
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or other graduate degree
- 5+ years proven track record in product management leadership
- Experience using Agile software methodologies, especially Scaled Agile Framework.
- Prior experience in cloud platforms, SaaS, PaaS, and multi-tenancy
- Prior experience designing and maintain server side APIs
- Firm understanding of software design, user interaction, and user interface design
- Excellent communication skills making complex technical concepts/solutions easy to grasp, using written and visual documentation
- Highly analytical, data-driven mindset; holds self and others accountable with measurable ROI-oriented KPIs
- Strong communication and writing skills, with experience preparing and presenting presentations to various stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively communicate both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience with structured, hypothesis-driven product improvements, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights and design experimentation
- Strong in Excel, particularly ability to create models
- Has an inspiring personality that is passionate about quality
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects
- Self-motivated team player that brings excitement and enthusiasm to work each day
- Great manager with very high emotional intelligence
- Ability to command respect and work cross functionally in an environment of ambiguity
- Can succeed in a non-hierarchical, founder-led organization
- Brings passion, enthusiasm, and drive to the role
- A balance of experience at both large and small companies a plus