Director of Software Engineering
1 S. Orange Ave 5th Floor Orlando, FL 32801
BlueWave is hiring a Director of Software Engineering for a high-growth technology company in Orlando, FL. This person will have a strong combination of technical savvy and leadership skills to lead major projects and manage a team of engineers. This person will manage project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop the internal team.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Partner with the CEO and COO to create an exciting and supportive team culture - Collaborate with cross-functional teammates from product, sales, marketing, and customer success to create a world-class product
- Work closely with the Head of Product to create a roadmap integrating both product releases and technical projects and ensure we' re building the best products
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Drive architectural decisions and provide technical guidance
- Establish engineering best practices to maintain a scalable and clean code base
- Lead by example: contribute high-quality code and set code review standards
- Track engineering velocity, report sprint progress and provide estimates to drive timely product releases
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Hands-on programming experience in one or more of the following: .Net, Java, SQL.
- Expertise in engineering best practices (Git, CI, TDD, QA, Automation Tests) - Fluency in full-stack web development using modern frameworks such as React and JSAngular.
- Experience with software best practices in: Continuous integration/continuous deployment, microservices architecture and design patterns.
- Track record of recruiting and building world-class in-house and distributed software teams.