1025 Greenwood Blvd Ste 500 Orlando, FL 32746
BlueWave is hiring for a Java developer who is passionate about building products that solve true needs and that customers love. You will be responsible for the delivery of new products and enhancing existing applications. Back-end development is primarily done in Java but the team is a proponent of using what works best and is open to changes.
- Execute full software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating problem definition. requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Write well-designed, testable code.
- Create MVP' s or POC, if necessary, to evaluate and measure new technologies.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback.
- 5+ Years of software development experience.
- Excellent Java (or proficient in a similar language) development skills.
- Skilled at building web services (i.e. REST, SOAP).
- Experience with various types NoSQL databases (e.g. key/value, columnar, etc)
- Capable of building high-availability/low latency web applications and services.
- Follows good software development practices (e.g. version control, TDD, peer reviews).
- A problem solver and quick learner.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Worked with Pub/Sub messaging (e.g. AMPQ, JMS).
- DevOps experience; particularly CI/CD and cloud infrastructure automation.
- Working knowledge of Docker and container management systems like Kubernetes.
- Familiar with Microservices architecture.
- Experience with distributed data processing (batch/real-time)