Mechanical Engineer I
Orlando, FL 32808
BlueWave is looking for Mechanical Engineers to join a global simulation company. Individuals will be required to perform low to mid-level complexity mechanical designs. Individuals must work efficiently and effectively. Individuals must understand and act on direction provided by seasoned engineers. Individuals must have a working knowledge of the manufacturing process including steel and aluminum weldments, sheet metal forming, machining, and assembly.
- Applying basic principles and techniques of mechanical engineering to design and document non-complex components and systems
- Ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements defined by lead engineers
- Obtaining field measurements from existing equipment.
- Use of computer-assisted engineering and design software to perform engineering tasks
- Must be able to make practical design recommendations
- Candidates must have a BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Must be able to produce accurate product designs and drawings from customer specifications and requirements.
- Must be able to communicate well with manufacturing in order to resolve issues
- Due to the nature of our work, eligible candidates must have the ability to pass background investigations to gain clearance to military bases and also may be required to pass further background investigations for US Security Clearances
- Experience with flight training devices is a plus
- Experience designing simulation equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Autodesk Inventor experience
- Solidworks experience
- Finite element Analysis experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications