Pre/PACU Nurse RN
1557 Janmar Rd Snellville, GA 30078
BlueWave is hiring for Registered Nurses for a fast-growing healthcare company in Atlanta, GA. You’ll be responsible for coordinating patient care within the Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC). Continuous communication with surgeons and CRNAs about patient conditions necessary to the success of the patient.
- Work side-by-side with Surgeon and CRNAs continuously to coordinate patient care
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Effective airway management and procedure knowledge; Assess cardio-respiratory systems for changes and provide appropriate treatment.
- Observe behavioral and physiologic changes due to medications; take appropriate action and document actions.
- Carry out medical/surgical asepsis during treatments and special procedures.
- Carry out established techniques for safe administration of medications and parenteral fluids.
- Carry out safety measures to prevent patient from harming self or others.
- Provide explanations to and teach patient/family as necessary. Protect patient’ s sensitivities and right to privacy; maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Assesses patient and family needs in order to provide quality care to assigned patients during patient interview.
- Develops, discusses, and communicates a realistic problem list (plan of care) for each patient, in collaboration with each patient, family, and significant other in order to address all identified needs during the preadmission interview.
- Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient. Works closely with the anesthesiologist to pre-screen patients with health concerns.
- Evaluates the identified problems, care provided, and patient’ s responses are reassessed in order meet patient and family needs to ensure overall quality of care delivered.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team, in order to ensure quality care.
- Maintains current knowledge, certification, and licensure. Pursues professional growth and development.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a team to facilitate the center’ s/unit’ s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Performs all responsibilities/duties required by the center, as defined in the scope of service, to ensure that the unique nature of the client is addressed.
- Pre-op or PACU: 3 years
- Demonstrate effective management skills (people and medical office)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills (with clinical staff, clerical staff, and patients and their families).
- Solid problem-solving skills; you produce practical solutions
- RN licensure in the state of Georgia