BlueWave Resource Partners seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer with 10-20 years of experience for Orlando, FL who will report to the Manager of Mechanical Engineering. Project team & client management experience in a consulting engineering environment working with private and public sector clients is preferred.
- Project and Client management.
- Preparation of proposals and administering project contracts, including Add Service Agreements.
- Understand work planning and manage the design process to the available hours in the work plan.
- Supervise staff or self-Perform the following:
- Understand the proper scope of SD, DD, CD level documents and deliver appropriate documentation.
- Advanced heating and cooling load calculations with Trace or HAP.
- Develop air and water flows calculations.
- Sections and elevations of complex ductwork and piping areas.
- Equipment room sizes during SD and DD phases.
- Specifications to reflect the project requirements.
- Modify sequences of operations for AHU’s, CHW and HW systems.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for all HVAC details.
- Meet with vendors to determine specification requirements for application.
- Meet with contractors during the bid phase to review the design details.
- Respond to RFI’s for the project and accurately review submittals.
- Perform field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Understand both constant and variable flow systems, and properly apply equipment.
- Understand fan and pump curves to properly select equipment for application.
- Use the psychrometric chart properly for any HVAC system.
- Review designs prepared by others as part of QA/QC process.
- Attend meetings with clients, authorities having jurisdiction, and other professionals as projects require.
- Conducting business development activities, participating in various trade organizations, and preparing or assisting with presentations
- 10 - 20 years of Mechanical Design Experience in Consulting Engineering.
- Excellent Organizational and Communication skills.
- Proactive and Collaborative team member.
- Ability to work and manage several project teams concurrently.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Sports, Commercial, Public Sector, Industrial, Education, and/or Institutional projects.
- Working knowledge of Revit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Preferred.
- PE License preferred
BlueWave specializes in recruiting high-performing team members for technology, marketing, federal services, and leadership roles. We’re aggressive hunters – but only of talented people – & provide comprehensive staffing support for recruiting, hiring, and onboarding permanent and contract employees.
BlueWave is headquartered in Downtown Orlando, Florida with the flexibility to build teams nationally. With our boutique and personal approach, we get the right people in your company quickly without sacrificing quality.