BlueWave is hiring a fully remote Sr. Android Developer for a finance tech company with headquarters in Texas. The Sr. Android Developer serves as one of the native scrum teams to develop new features and support native Android applications that meet business needs and the technical vision. The Sr. Android Developer is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures and performs complex application development-related tasks without guidance.
- Actively contributes to the development of solutions and ideas that add value.
- Develops elegant and straightforward solutions utilizing technology including Kotlin, Android SDK, Gradle
- Ensuring high performing app for UI and networking
- Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API
- Communicating with external web services
- Participate in Agile scrum meetings and responsible for completing assigned stories in a timely manner with quality
- Produces code of high quality and reliability - vital quality code metrics
- Effectively performs code walk-throughs.
- Shows initiative to initiate and actively facilitate meetings and issue resolution involving the right individuals.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor of Science in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and work experience. Experience
- 5-7 years of increasingly responsible Android native app development using Java/Kotlin
- Proficiency with Kotlin for Android development
- Deep understanding and experience using Android Architectural Components
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Expert level knowledge in using Retrofit 2 for consuming REST API
- Expert knowledge of Gradle as a build and dependency management system
- Experience with UI implementation using constraint layout
- Experience with using asynchronous and event-based code using RxJava/Kotlin
- Experience implementing MVVM design pattern
- Experience working with Git
- Writing extensive unit tests
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments
Employment Type: Full-Time Remote (Texas HQ)
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Health Insurance, and Ancillary Benefits
BlueWave specializes in recruiting high-performing team members for technology, marketing, federal services, and leadership roles. We’re aggressive hunters – but only of talented people – & provide comprehensive staffing support for recruiting, hiring, and onboarding permanent and contract employees.
BlueWave is headquartered in Downtown Orlando, Florida with the flexibility to build teams nationally. With our boutique and personal approach, we get the right people in your company quickly without sacrificing quality.