Systems Server Admin
6900 Kingspointe Parkway Orlando, FL 32819
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience developing and executing processes and procedures in order to ensure maximum uptime for the organization. Other essential duties and responsibilities of the Systems Administrator position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains, updates, plans and installs servers and application software.
- Monitors and maintains the hardware and software infrastructure.
- Monitors and maintains the hardware and software for domain operations.
- Monitors operations, disk usage, performs system tuning and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Responsible for keeping infrastructure hardware and applications up to date including patches to firmware and applications, OS versions and hardware replacements.
- Performs hardware and software problem resolution and assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Responds to work orders utilizing the ticketing system problem queue including updates, entry and closure, and interface applications.
- Performs application and operating systems patches, updates, maintenance and system activity monitoring for Exchange Server systems, business systems applications, enterprise network storage systems, regular O/S patch and service pack delivery to server and desktop systems.
- Provides direct support for end-users.
- Determines system requirements for projects, system performance, future growth and expansions.
- Functions as system administrator performing tasks such as creating user ID profiles, performing security evaluations, audits of the Active Directory, providing end user support and help desk services.
- Documents and trains other IT team members on maintenance and usage of new and existing Infrastructure and Enterprise technologies.
- Initiates and maintains current documentation and diagrams on new and existing systems.
- Works cooperatively with IT team to expand and clarify documentation and ensures IT team members are trained in new and existing applications.
- Researches, designs, tests and recommends new Infrastructure Technology Solutions.
- Builds and maintains a test environment for development and testing of new and existing systems and technologies.
- Demonstrates new Enterprise Technology solutions that will be cost effective technology experience.
- Establishes server specifications by conferring with users, analyzing workflow, access, information and security requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years' experience performing Systems Administration duties involving Microsoft Server platform, and Microsoft Exchange
- Bachelor' s Degree, IT or Computer Software preferred
- The following certifications are a bonus, but not required:
- VMware Certified Design Expert
- VMware Implementation Expert
- VMware Certified Associate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)